Saturday, October 4, 2014

Som Dom

Well this week was a very tough week, but I know this week is preparing me for something. The whole week, all of our investigators refused our calls and refused to come to church. I know that we can rise, interestingly enough, this happened about 1 year ago in Khon Kaen. The Lord is reminding me to put all my faith in him again.
 
This past Sunday Elder Khanakam (area seventy)came to our branch and gave us an inspiring message. It has inspired the members more than we ever could have. It was a blessing from Heaven. It was awesome!
 
This past week we tried a new style of inviting. I remember when over a year ago Pres. Senior challenged all of the missionaries to make Som Dom(papaya salad) to invite people to learn more about he gospel.... and we did. It brought 10 new investigators to the church. It was an astounding thing! The sisters would sing, we would make Som Dom. We then would teach anyone that came to see what we were doing, so cool! They were interested ate Som Dom and were spiritually fed as well.  It was really cool to see them open their hearts and come to church. All because we were doing something out of the ordinary to make something extraordinary happen!
 
So that was my week... mum it was way crazy literally zero  investigators right now for Elder Howard and I personally, but 10 new investigators for the district. Yeah, it was tough but we will rise!
 
Elder Howard

Som Dom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment