Thursday, November 14, 2013

Learning how to cook Thai food, running over dogs, and a Mission wide challenge....



I’m a missionary in my teenage years right now just looking for the next exciting thing… my comp is almost an adult in his prime in the mission! I am doing great. Well the mission is having exciting stuff going on there is an energy in the air! On Thursday we went to Udon to have Zone training and we are now doing missionary work differently. Basically I hold a card with a picture of baptism on it and I go up to random people and ask them if they have seen the picture before and tell them about the blessings of baptism and challenge them right on the spot!! It’ s so exciting! The mission president prayed long and hard about and has told us that if everyone gets a baptism this month something big will happen in Thailand. So yeah there is an energy flowing around it is inspiring!! Keep the mission in your prayers! EAH!! The mission president also talked with the area seventy and was told if there is no opposition there is something wrong!!

That’s good that grandpa is doing a lot better. I was worried, but all things in this life happen for a reason, I will definitely keep Omi in my prayers, she will get better that is a for sure thing yeah!!(Both his grandpa and Omi have been battling serious health issues. The next answer was to what he would want for Christmas....)
Honestly, I don’t know a tie? I gave away one of my favorite ties to a less active member a couple days ago. It was tough and I was like shoot who would have thought that I would get so stuck on a tie? Ha-ha yeah-weird right? Shoot man I don’t know a watch that isn’t black? Ha-ha or not I don’t know to be honest. Surprise me!! Could you send a glasses cleaner fabric thing because I don’t have one! 
Ha-ha my mom wearing cowboy boots what’s next dad growing a mullet?? Brian getting a nose ring, or Harley growing a Mohawk??? Ahahhhhhhhhhh

I will definitely keep the people in the Philippines in my prayers for sure!! Mom if there is no opposition in the mission or pressure you are doing it wrong! Yeah because right now in Laos, they have a booming English class oh BTWS we have 4 missionaries in Laos teaching English 6 days a week. Basically what happened is that they had a huge registration class and the police came and were hassling the people. All in all the had like 300+ people trying to register so the police were hassling them yeah!! Work is moving forward fast! Pray  everyone the mission will al have a baptism!! My testimony was strengthened through boldness!! Yeah! Funny story I ran over a dog with my bike yeah.... it was tough to stay on my bike!!! 

I have actually been learning how to cook Thai food its awesome I just ask the members and they tell me and I write them down. I have pad grapaw recipe that is so dang good, it’s not even funny!! I also know how to make the papaya salad to its pretty good!!! ! Transfers are in December so yeah I will be here for a little longer!! I love my area its fun so fun!!

Just going to challenge everyone to be baptized outta time love you sooooo much 
Keep the faith and here is a talk from elder Holland to inspire you all back home. “These things I declare to you with the conviction Peter called the “more sure word of prophecy.”16 What was once a tiny seed of belief for me has grown into the tree of life, so if your faith is a little tested in this or any season, I invite you to lean on mine. I know this work is God’s very truth, and I know that only at our peril would we allow doubt or devils to sway us from its path. Hope on. Journey on. Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe.

Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment