Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ready to Leave

Elder Proctor is ready to leave. His final e-mail from the M.T.C. was brief and you could tell that he was counting days until he could leave. There is only so much MTC chocolate milk you can drink.... my favorite part of Wednesday's e-mail was a follow-up email that I caught just in time to respond to him and so we "communicated" via e-mail for a couple of minutes. He is leaving on Monday, having 2 lay-overs. The first one is in Los Angeles and the other in Hong Kong. He will travel for approximately 25 hours. The time difference is 13 hours (ahead. This means he will leave Monday and get to Bangkok on Wednesday. Yikes! The weather in Bangkok for the coming week is the same for every day...Highs in the 90's- low in the 80's, a 60% chance of rain and a humidity level of 80%. This is the monsoon season in Thailand. I will complain less about our dry heat. To put things into perspective our current humidity level is 27%. Anyway, two of his really good friends entered the MTC on Wednesday and he is hoping against hope to run into them. (no small feat with 3000+ missionaries). So here are his thoughts...

 I love you so much, this email will be disappointingly short because I don't have much to really (say) except that I sent Tony a BOM last week, and hopefully he gets it. Also the time you can see me in the world wide broadcast is at 1:54:22 1:54:12 and 1:53:44 I am wearing my glasses, the reason I know that its at these times is because we viewed it online . (This is in regards to the Hastening the Work broadcast that you can watch on line at LDS.org)So basically I am forever immortalized!!! muhhhahahaaha. The MTC is getting so crowded, its ridiculous, I am so glad I am leaving. I may have to leave one of my suitcases here because it may be too large. the size of carry-on we are allowed to take on the flight to Thailand is 22X14 whatever that means. so yeah. I love you so much!!!!!! I am leaving in the afternoon on Monday, I know its the best! When I leave though I will not be with my companions any more. They split me and two other elders into a different flight. which I found to be very odd... yeah. on the plus side I can't wait to go to Thailand!!

Well, I did manage to find a smaller carry-on and while I was "messaging" him was able to let him know how to return the other one to us. We have been using a wonderful place called Postmart that will get packages to the MTC on the same day for only 2$ and if missionaries need to send anything back, they will pick it up for free and we can pick it up. What a blessing. So, I dropped off his carry-on today- filled with goodies and last minute letters.So, off he goes and from now on the blog will be filled with fun adventures from Thailand!

1 comment:

  1. And yes we did find him in the broadcast and yes it did make our day better! You do have to really look for him- he is wearing his glasses. So cool! He is flanked by his companions!

    ReplyDelete