Sunday, September 21, 2014

Letters from home.....

These pictures were sent to me today from a sweet missionary sister who captured Elder Aaron opening a letter. It was not from us- but it served as a reminder how important letters are to those sweet missionaries. So, take a moment and write a missionary this week.


Brother and Sister Proctor,

On Thursday, September 18, we had Transfer Day.  This was our first experience as we have only been in Bangkok for one month.  We are serving as a senior couple in the Public Affairs Thailand Bangkok Mission.   As I was sitting on a chair in the lobby of the church, your son picked up his mail and sat down on the couch right next to my chair.  He turned the envelope over in his hands several times before opening it.  I don’t know who it is from, but I know it was a letter from home.  So I pulled out my cell phone because I didn’t have a camera handy and took these photos.  eally, there is nothing like letters from home for these young people serving missions so very far away from home.  I just thought you might like to see Elder Proctor’s reaction.  He is a fine young man.  Very pleasant and happy.  I’m just grateful that I was in the right place at the right time to capture this moment.

Sincerely,

Sister Irene Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment